Record a Classic, Anywhere.
Universal Audio created Volt 2 for collaborators from musicians and songwriters to livestreamers and podcasters. This portable 2-in/2-out USB recording interface for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone gives you superior sound quality, a Vintage Mic Preamp mode derived from UAs 610 tube preamp, plus a suite of industry-leading music software so your next recording will sound classic.
• Create classic-sounding music productions, livestreams, and podcasts on Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
• Record your voice or guitar with rich, full sound using Vintage Mic Preamp mode
• Produce with an essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAMs Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
• Build your desktop production studio around a stylish interface, built to withstand years of home and mobile recording
Collaborate with Best-in-Class Audio Quality
From the team that brought you the game-changing Apollo interface, Volt 2 delivers superior studio sound quality, with more character and tone than any USB interface in its class.
Capture a Classic Vocal with Vintage Mic Preamp Mode
Few sounds can compare to a vintage Universal Audio 610 tube preamp, as used to record everyone from Ray Charles to Van Halen. Volt 1 gives you the rich, full sound of this classic UA mic/line/instrument preamp, thanks to its built-in tube emulation circuitry, a UA exclusive.
Stay Inspired with a Curated Suite of Audio Software
Some audio interfaces give you a smattering of random audio apps. Not Volt. Instead, UA put together a bundle of serious music production tools, virtual instruments, and plug-ins including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAMs Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
• Ableton Live Lite
• Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Amp
• Softube Time & Tone Bundle
• Celemony Melodyne Essential
• Relab LX480 Essentials
• Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic
• Plugin Alliance Brainworx bx_tuner
• Plugin Alliance Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic
• UJAM Virtual Drummer DEEP
• UJAM Virtual Bassist DANDY
• Spitfire LABS
Easy In, Easy Out
Volt 2 gives you simple 2-in/2-out audio connections. Just plug your mics, guitars, or synths into the front panel. Then connect your speakers or headphones to monitor your audio with no latency. With Volt, you'll be creating like a pro, fast.
iPad & iPhone Ready
Traveling light? Plug Volt 1 into your iPad or iPhone, and you can easily create beats and samples, record your bands rehearsals, and edit songs anywhere.*
Includes a 30-day Free Trial to UAD Spark
Volt 2 users get an extended 30-day free trial to UAD Spark, an ever-expanding library of world-class plug-ins and instruments for a low monthly price. UAD Spark plug-ins run natively on Mac and will give your recordings the pro analog tones heard on your favourite albums.
Capture Inspiration for Years to Come
Featuring rugged all-metal construction and sleek, vintage-inspired industrial design, Volt 2 elevates your production space with impeccable style, built to last decades.
*Requires external Volt power supply and an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (except iPad Pro with USB-C).
• Desktop 1-in/2-out USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
• Vintage Mic Preamp mode lets you record voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of a classic UA tube preamp
• Essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAMs Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
• Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
• USB bus powered to reduce cable clutter
• 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
• Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
• Stylish, rugged construction built to withstand years of use
• 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
• USB-C to USB-A cable included
Mac & PC
• Available USB 2.0 (or higher) port
• USB cable (included)
• Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon processor
• (PC) Windows 10 64-bit edition
• (macOS) 10.14 Mojave or later
• Internet connection for software downloads
iPad & iPhone
• iPadOS / iOS 14 or later
top of page