R-10 Ribbon Microphone
The Royer R-10 is a passive mono ribbon microphone designed for use in the studio and on live stages. Hand-built in the Burbank California factory, the R-10's sound and performance are all-Royer and it handles SPLs of up to 160 dB @ 1 kHz. The R-10's compact size and mounting system allows for flexible, unobtrusive positioning.
The R-10's 2.5-micron aluminium ribbon element is formed with a patented direct-corrugation process and is protected by a 3-layer windscreen system and internally shock-mounted ribbon transducer. The ribbon transducer is wired for humbucking to reject electromagnetically induced noise.
The R-10's built-in windscreen provides superior protection from air blasts and plosives. It also reduces proximity effect (bass buildup from close miking) so guitar cabinets and acoustic instruments can be close-miked with less bass buildup. The R-10s internally shockmounted ribbon transducer isolates the ribbon element from shocks and vibrations, increasing the ribbon elements durability.
The R-10 utilises a David Royer custom designed transformer for high overload threshold, minimising saturation at even extremely high sound pressure levels. You'll never overload an R-10! The mic's open grill design minimises standing waves and associated comb-filtering effects and its smooth frequency response, phase linearity and lack of self-distortion make it ideal for all digital recording and live sound formats.
dBooster In-Line Signal Booster
The Royer model R-DB20 is a phantom-powered ribbon and dynamic microphone signal booster and impedance buffer. It increases the level of passive low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones with a minimum of distortion or colouration. Designed for professional applications, the dBooster provides two levels of clean gain boost; 12dB and 20dB, selectable by a front panel switch. The dBooster maintains headroom and gain regardless of load. The dBooster's Class A input stage delivers crystal clean gain with virtually no noise or self-distortion.
The dBooster's low-impedance output keeps things clean in the studio and also shines on live stages, driving long cable lengths and difficult loads like mic splitters and vintage-style preamps with no loss of gain, no increased distortion, and excellent headroom.
• High SPL capabilities for electric guitar, brass and other close miking applications
• Multi-layered wind screen provides superior protection to ribbon element
• Internally shock-mounted ribbon transducer gives increased durability
• Passive design and custom transformer minimise high SPL overload
• Hum-bucking transducer design delivers extremely low residual noise
• Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
• Absence of high-frequency peaks, ringing and phase shifts
• Equal sensitivity from front or back of the element
• Switchable 12dB/20dB gain
• Ultra-low noise, ultra-low distortion
• Class A input stage
• Safe for use on all ribbon mics
• Wide frequency bandwidth
• Retains sound quality on long cable runs
• Maintains headroom and gain regardless of load
• Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
• Polar Pattern: Figure-8
• Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminium ribbon
• Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium (Grade 52)
• Frequency Response: 30Hz-15,000Hz +/- 3dB
• Sensitivity: -54dBv (re. 1v/pa)
• Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
• Maximum SPL: 135dB @ 50 Hz, 160dB @ 1kHz
• Recommended Load Impedance: 700 Ohms (or greater)
• Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin (Pin 2 Hot)
• Dimensions: Length including mounting base: 5 7/8 inches (149 mm) Width 1 3/8 inches (35 mm)
• Weight: 13 oz (368 grams)
• Accessories: Microphone Holder, Mic Sock, Carrying Case
• Microphone: Adjustable Swivel Mount (Black)
• Microphone Warranty: Five Year, First Re-ribbon free in first year
top of page
This item is available to order. Contact us for an estimated delivery time.